Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cannibals, Carrots, and Crusades











So as Zoe continues to grow, she continues to be just that much more fun. She's very talkative, and I have no idea where she gets that from. But she's also big into grunting, it's hilarious. Apparently it’s a game that Zoe and Grammy play during the day. Zoe will grunt, Grammy will respond with a grunt, and Zoe will grunt for almost 30 seconds straight. Maybe it’s one of those, “you had to be there moments,” but it cracks me up every time. As her teef start to become actual teeth, she’s able to eat more and more. When Mom was cooking using carrots the other day, we decided to see what she’d do with her own aaaaand…. “What’s up Doc?” She loved it, in fact there is little this girl doesn’t love, she is such a happy baby.

Zoe is getting over a bit of a cold which dragged out for about a week, which coincides with Daddy’s cold, not sure who got who sick, but I blame the baby, it’s all her fault. Zoe took her runny nose better than Daddy did, but then again, if I got to take unlimited naps throughout the day, maybe I wouldn’t have been such a pain in the butt. Unfortunately for Zoe, her cold hit a fever spike on Halloween of all days, so we didn’t get to pimp my daughter out to the neighborhood so we could get free candy, so we settled for staying home and giving it out. Half the fun was giving updates on the Rangers game to all the Dads out Trick or Treating with the little ones. I think word is out on my house though. I have a rule, “No Costume, No Candy….and you get shot with a water cannon.” Last year I got about 7, this year I only had one and he tried to pass himself off as a smoker. Let’s just say I extinguished his cigarette. Zoe did wear her M&M onesie and for fun we put her in the bowl of candy and took some pictures. It did seem a bit cannibalistic that she was putting an M&M wrapper in her mouth considering what she was wearing.

Oh and United Health Care finally got the hint that I wasn’t going away. We were still dealing with their screw up from back in December of ’09. We were on our 2nd appeal which they had lost for 45 days before I had to call and inquire about it. Well Sunday I opened a letter saying that they denied the appeal because they didn’t get a HIPPA statement from me within 30 days of my 2nd appeal, um see timeline above. This all comes after numerous taped phone calls to them in which no less than 6 employees from UHC stated that they had done it wrong and it should be corrected. Anyway, after getting my letter on Sunday I immediately emailed one of our HR reps who deals with these clowns, I told her I would accept no less than a face to face meeting with UHC management and they were going to need to go over all my documentation with me and then look me in the eye and tell me they had done a good job on this and that they were still going to deny my claim based on the evidence. Oddly enough within 24hrs I got an email back saying there were going to process this claim and we would be reimbursed. Well chalk one up for persistence. Sadly, I have wasted far more hours on this than the bill was actually worth, but it became my mini crusade and I wasn’t going to let them take that from me.

Ok, well that’s about it, enjoy the pics and Happy Veterans Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment