Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Earmuff It, Stumbles, and Mini-Me's...

So just a little update on what's been going on with Zoe. Monday morning, dark and early, we headed down to Childrens Hospital in Dallas for Zoe's first MRI. Cause every 2 month old who's anybody is having MRI's! It was a long, early morning, as for some reason we had to check in at admitting at 0630, didn't have the MRI until almost 0800 and then had our appointment with Dr Swift, Super-Neurosurgeon, at 1030. The MRI went great, I drew the lucky straw to go in with Zoe, so me and the radiology tech who looked like he had just walked in from a Dropkick Murphy concert went and strapped Zoe in, literally. They had an air-sac with straps and we put her in her blanket then wrapped the sac around her and strapped her in, stuck some little earmuffs over her ears(she didn't like that) and then the strap came over to immobilize her head(REALLY didn't like that). Then we slid her in the MRI, I was still able to play with her feet to try and calm her, but no, once the loud, odd(if you've ever had an MRI you know the noises are strangely odd) noises started, there was nothing to do, cause she fell asleep! What a punk, I had to sit there with big ole ear protection on while she slept. Are you kidding me that was awesome, she slept through it and was so sweet and cuddly in my arms afterward. After our wait, we saw Dr Swift, and I must say, the appointment was a bit over my head. Mostly because he and Brooke talked about a performance he had been to recently that was put on my her Orpheus director, they talked about the music, the composers, the talent of the people, blah blah blah.... Ummmm how's the kid? Oh, almost as an afterthought, she's doing great, the shunt is doing exactly what is should and he is very pleased with the scarring on her back, so all in all, good visit to the hospital, shouldn't have to see Dr Swift for another 6mos.

Later that day, Dad-of-the-Year had to give back his title as I fell figuratively flat on my face. Zoe was getting a bit fussy, pretty sure Mom was in the shower at the time, so Daddy tried everything he could to calm our sweetness down, sang to her, bounced her in my arms, showed her the lights and fan(she loves them), changed positions with her....nothing. But I wasn't going to be denied, ah ha, bath time always works right?!? Not for me, not on this day. Then Daddy got a bit cranky and wasn't in the mood for advice, if you know what I mean. So long story short and lesson learned, sometimes tis better to drop back and punt and let the defense win you the game. Mom would be the role of defense in this game. There really is something to this Mother-Daughter bonding, I think I will call it "Bonding Through Boobs" look for it on shelves soon. Bottom line, Daddy learned that sometimes, Dad-of-the-Year can't do it all, and just like Superbowls, World Series, and Championships, no one wins them alone. Good thing I'm on a good team!

So, Zoe, as it turns out, looks just like my Dad, with more hair, but you get the idea. Somehow, my father has successfully made a "Mini-Me" and it's Zoe. She not only looks like him, but has some of his expressions too. I cannot wait for them to come out and see her, for nothing else, to get the pictures to prove it, Hill-Ar-Ious. Until then, for all of you who see Zoe soon, when she makes a funny face or an expression just know, even if I didn't see it, I've probably seen it before.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment