Sunday, April 25, 2010

Old Skewl

So, Zoe has some pretty awesome musical tastes....Just like her Mom and Dad. Lil Miss Thang was not playing well with others in the car the other day. So I tried a little music to soothe the savage beast. I thought, classical, it'll be mellow and calming so out came Pachelbel and Chopin, but DENIED. Still cried, still not happy. Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock or Salt N Pepa. YUP! She cooled right out, not a peep! I guess it really does take two to make a thing go right, cause Zoe likes the Old Skewl Hip Hop. My goal is to teach her all the words to Rappers Delight before she enters kindergarten, my wonder kid can do it, I'm sure.

The family is working together as a team much better these days and I think Zoe has gotten on board. She's still not a happy camper if she's hungry or stayed up too long and needs a nap, but once again, neither am I. Other than that, if we get some fussy time, I may try to calm her for a bit, if it works, great. If not, handoff and Mom gets a turn. So far that's worked, but we still have Jack Bauer, D.O.G., and Sam on the bench if we need em. We're currently working on our back to school plans for Brooke, seeing what things we'll need to change and what things we'll need to do to make it work, but it's all part of the planning for what's going to happen, not just reacting. It's a skill we are both learning to master. Although we both have great skills, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Zoe only wants parents who have great skills.

We are loving Sunday, just found out my parents are coming in for Mother's Day, which is also Baby Dedication at Church, so my Dad will finally get to see his Mini-Me and Zoe will get to meet her other set of Grandparents. YAY! It's a beautiful day, think I'll go enjoy it. Bye for now!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment